Notice of a General Meeting of Sailing for the Disabled at 5.45pm Thursday 26 May 2022 at the offices of Manx Telecom, Isle of Man Business Park, Cooil Road, Braddan, IM99 1HX
All welcome on board
Update to SFTD Covid guidence and recommendations
Enjoy Your Sail
ENJOY YOUR SAIL ON "Pride of Mann III"
If you are new to sailing or the weather forecast is changeable, here are a few tips to help you enjoy your sail.
- The evening before your sail have a light meal and avoid anything very spicy or a lot of alcohol.
- If you plan to use anti-seasickness medication, check the dosage the night before and only take as directed. Some brands are taken 2hrs before the sail, then at prescribed intervals after that.
- Wear warm clothing in two or three layers. Bring a hat and cloves. It can be chilly out at sea, even during the summer months. SFTD crew will provide you with foul weather gear (waterproofs) to wear over your own clothes if necessary.
- Pop a plastic carrier or sandwich bag into your pocket so it’s handy if you start to feel queasy. A few ginger biscuits or sweets may help.
- Bring a packed lunch that is easy to digest and will give you energy. Some members bring biscuits/chocolate/sweets to share, which is always welcome!
Even the most experienced of sailors can be affected by sea-sickness from time to time, but if you do start to feel unwell-
- Stay in the cockpit- going below will make you feel worse
- Focus on the horizon or a distant object forward of the boat
- If you are ill, use the bag in your pocket
Please don’t feel embarrassed if you are unwell- tell the crew and they will help you!