The board met on the 6 December 2023 and the key items from the meeting were:-
- Finances remain strong. Since 31 March 2023 income £27,000 expenses £13,000 and two sponsorships totalling £10,000 still to be received. A Lottery Trust grant cover all of the new website costs which has alredy been received although we have not been invoiced for any work yet.
- Work on the new website has been commenced by the Developers. Meetings have started between key people in the Charity and Developers with the initial meetings to be completed before Christmas.
- New corporate sponsor Ethos limited. Their logo will be on Pride of Mann III shortly.
The next meeting is 22 January 2024.
Join us Saturday 9 December on our Coffee morning from 10am - 1pm at the Douglas Yachtclub.
Open to all members and friends of the charity.
We ask everyone to bring their favourite cake, scones, buns, nibbles etc. Home made or simply bought. But even empty handed you are welcome, we just want you to enjoy yourself and we will make sure there is enough for all of us.
Standard Bank has donated £2,000 to Isle of Man charity, Sailing for the Disabled.
Alongside the donation, the bank has also become a Corporate Member of the charity.
The local charity provides experiences through sailing to individuals with disabilities, be they physical, mental, or emotional.
Standard Bank’s donation will contribute towards the purchase of replacement equipment and new items for the yacht, as well as covering operational expenses.
Additionally, the funds will support the charity’s growing number of community service users, particularly community and school groups, supporting the provision of new life jackets and wet weather gear.
Paul Atkinson at Sailing for Disabled said: “Sailing for the Disabled relies on the generosity of organisations like Standard Bank to continue our mission. This contribution will make a significant difference in enabling more individuals to experience the therapeutic benefits of sailing on our yacht Pride of Man III. We are honoured to have Standard Bank as a partner in our journey to create inclusive opportunities for everyone.”
Sailing for Disabled is open to participants aged 12 and over, extending its services to all individuals and community groups facing challenges.
The key points from the meeting were:
- Welcone to Rosie Rowlands as the newly elected Treasurer.
- The board received reports from the Sailing Committee, Fund Rasing Committee and Engagement Committee
- After discusson the board selected ClickSpace to be the developers for the new Website work to commence immediately.
- £12,000 of sponsorship receiced from Standard Bank, Ethos and the Lottery Trust. The lottery Trust are funding the cost of development of the new website.
We are working to agree a date for the next board meeting in November