There are 8 places available on a Disablity Awareness Training ("DAT") course Saturday 21 October 2023. The course is a mixture of classroom and practical work on the boat and is mandatory for all crew.
To book or with any questions please email Carole Quayle (email@example.com)
Chaired by: Carole Quayle
Note taker: Karen Leiserach
Committee members: Neil Johnson, Gerry Morley, Diane Renton, Frank Rush
Current topics under discussion
Social media – website development
Tenders for re-vamping the website are currently being discussed with on-island service providers.
The Board are looking for a Sponsor to cover these costs of redevelopment.
Boat-based training has been delivered this summer by Arne Dahn. Further sessions are being planned. Feedback from attendees has been excellent. Watch out for further sessions on the Sail Programme.
Disability Awareness training is currently being scheduled. The next session will be in the autumn we need a volunteer to take over the organising of new members to attend this well-established course. Please contact CQ.
Engagement and communications
Community Membership - Work with engagement continues,and committee members are working in partnership withindividual group members to ensure that their needs are being fully met.
Interaction with SFTD membership - Communication platforms include the Website, Email, Facebook, and WhatsApp.WhatsApp use is currently being promoted with an opt-in service.
Publicity - The 3FM news and publicity video has been completed and has been well received. As a reminder, see it here.
Membership support - This initiative from CQ and GM is a service within the charity that focusses on providing ‘keeping in touch’ with members who are experiencing difficulties and challenges.
Social events - Boat cleaning volunteers are always welcome! – Contact SFTD by Email, Facebook, or WhatsApp.
All events are advertised on Website, Email, Facebook, and WhatsApp.
Celebration! – we are currently planning the Endeavour Award ceremony.
Next year we will be celebrating the 40th anniversary of SFTD and the committees have a few thoughts. We would like to hear your ideas of how to celebrate this milestone. Please contact any of the Engagement Committee Members as above, or post on the WhatsApp groups.
The board met Wednesday 3rd April key points from the meeting were:-
- Financial position remains strong.
- Conversion actions complete and old charity deregistered.
- Transfer of assets from Pride of Mann Limited being finalised however asset manager Prudential seemed to be very slow in dealing with the matter.
- Members Communication showed the majority of members preferred communication via Facebook and email.
The board also met on Wednesday 10th May.
- Progress is being made with HSBC to have electronic banking which will allow better access to financial records allow online payments.
- Assets transfer complete from Pride of Mann Limited.
- Reports from the Fundraising Committee and Sailing committee. Cavendish Trust have arranged sponsorship through local radio station 3FM of a corporate video and are due to sail with us shortly.
- As chairman of the Sailing Committee Bobby Moore has been co-opted onto the board until the Annual General Meeting (“AGM”)
- His Excellency the Governor and Lady Lorimer have agreed to sail with us on Tuesday 18 July.
- Andrew Evans is stepping down from the board and his role a treasurer with effect from the AGM on 13 September 2023.
The next board meeing is Monday 24 July.